The summer dress is the perfect answer to any outfit woe, going for a picnic? Wear a summer dress. Heading into the office for an important meeting? Wear a summer dress. Got a garden party coming up? You guessed it, wear a summer dress.
For the ultimate summer dress inspiration, we have rounded up five of our favourite sustainable summer dresses for every occasion.
- For romantic date nights, check out this Reformation Besse dress. For £248.00, this floral midi dress has a delicate scoop neckline, tie straps and a high side slit, what more could you want? The romance is dialled up by the soft floral print which compliments the bright orange base of the dress. Made out of sustainably sourced viscose and made ethically in Hong Kong, you can get your hands on this dress on Reformation’s website here.
- For the sunny day trips to the beach, try this We Are Thought Carli Chambray broderie dress. This 100% organic cotton mini dress is breathable and with the addition of pockets, it is practical too. The 60s swing shape of this dress makes it the perfect casual summer dress and, with long sleeves, if you are headed to the British seaside where sun is a scarcity, you aren’t going to freeze. Run don’t walk to We Are Thought’s website here as this dress is currently on sale for £44.95 from £89.95.
- For summer wedding parties, add this Omnes Iris midi slip dress to your basket. Made in a fully audited factory in Romania using sustainable Lenzing Ecovero Viscose, this biodegradable material is an eco-friendly option to the traditional viscose. This simple slip dress comes in a perfect pistachio green shade and is bought up a notch by the subtle animal print. The style is just as classic with a V-neck empire line cinching in the waist so, get your hands on this summer dress for £75.00 on Omnes’s website here.
- For the long festival weekends, Maggie Marilyn has a perfect candy cotton pink mini dress just for you. The sustainable brand’s A Short Fling Dress is casual and comfortable which is all you could ask for when it comes to festival fashion. The dress is zhushed up with a tie detail on the side and slit in the leg. The classic round neckline and sleeveless fit balances the details out making it really wearable. Crafted out of organic cotton and available in sizes XS to 4XL, this mini dress is sustainable and inclusive. The dress is £177.63 on Maggie Marilyn’s website here.
- For the hot busy days working at the office, Nobody’s Child has got you covered. The up-and-coming womenswear brand has a vast array of beautiful floral dresses however, their Felicia midi dress is a staple style. Available in 16 different colourways, there is a pattern for everybody. Our favourite is the green and white retro floral print which is subtle yet summery. This midi dress has a round neckline, puffy sleeves and is trimmed with frills on the bustline and sleeves to elevate the romance. If you have a stricter work dress code, pair this summer dress with heels and a blazer, but if you can afford to be more casual, bring out the crisp white trainers. This dress is £49.00 on Nobody’s Child’s website here.
Now sustainable summer dresses are on your radar, let us know which one of these five is your favourite and why.